[OpenStack Foundation] Update to proposal on Foundation structure

Mark Collier mark at openstack.org
Fri Mar 9 03:31:51 UTC 2012

Hey y'all, we've decided to hold the webinars next week on Tuesday at 4pm central and Wednesday at 9am central to catch people in different parts of the world as we did last time.  We're hoping to get a lot of participation to hear feedback from folks about the latest draft we shared this week on the Foundation Structure, and discuss next steps.

We're going to be trying a new online meeting tool this time called meetingburner, since not everyone was thrilled with the readytalk system we used last time.  I really have no idea how well meetingburner will work, but let's give it a try and find out. A few things to note:

1)  Unlike Readytalk, you do NOT need to dial into a bridge via phone to hear the call. In fact, with the free account we're testing the bridge will only accomodate 15 callers so please do NOT dial into the bridge number unless you absolutely have to.  Instead, when the webinar starts look for a little button on the left side of your browser to listen to the old fashioned way: over the internet. Let's try that.

2)  There is a chat box where everyone can chat amongst ourselves - another missing feature from readytalk. The only flaw is that the box is really tiny, so we'll see how well it works.

Registration Links:

Tuesday March 13th at 4pm Central:  http://markcollier.enterthemeeting.com/m/EE23MEC8

Wednesday March 14th at 9am Central:  http://markcollier.enterthemeeting.com/m/3DP2HPKO

Mark Collier