[OpenStack Foundation] [Openstack] Individual Nominations for Foundation Board of Directors

Jonathan Bryce jonathan at openstack.org
Fri Jul 27 21:14:11 UTC 2012

On Jul 26, 2012, at 6:05 PM, Lloyd Dewolf wrote:
> Who receives email sent to secretary at openstack.org? Sorry, I missed
> who is the acting secretary. It might be nice to include the person's
> name on the page:
> http://www.openstack.org/community/openstack-foundation-board-2012-election-candidates/

We added some additional content to the top of the page to answer the questions raised on this thread. We also updated the nominee listing to designate which ones have reached the necessary number of nominations and to make it easier to throw a nomination towards those who are still in need of more. I plan on sending out another email promoting the page to the ~openstack group in launchpad to make sure that the previous body of voters is fully aware of the new election.

> Is there currently a draft application being used? Until the actual
> application is developed: "4.2 (d) (iii) the nominee must have
> completed an application for a director with information determined by
> the Board of Directors"

We are still developing this and any input or feedback is welcome. If you want to take the lead on it, that would be much appreciated as well. Several suggested doing something similar to the Spring PPB election which, in addition to basic census information, asked the following questions:

- Since the last elections, what areas have you focused on and what contributions have you made in order to improve your project?
- What are the most pressing/important issues facing your project?
- What is your relationship to OpenStack & why is its success important to you and/or your company?

Perhaps adjusting the first two questions to be more applicable to board-level activities is a place to start.

Thoughts?

Jonathan