[OpenStack Foundation] [Openstack] Individual Nominations for Foundation Board of Directors

Soren Hansen soren at linux2go.dk
Fri Jul 27 21:07:25 UTC 2012

2012/7/26 Stefano Maffulli <stefano at openstack.org>:
> On 07/26/2012 02:42 PM, Soren Hansen wrote:
>> Can you (or someone else) be more specific about how our process for our other
>> elections don't meet these requirements? If we don't know what's wrong, we
>> can't fix it.
> I can definitely speak for the PTL elections: Using the etherpad to add
> nominees, record endorsement and build the final list of candidates is a
> messy, convoluted, error-prone process. I ran it 3 times that way and
> every time I wished I had a tool to manage the whole process, allowing
> not only for transparency (the main reason why we used etherpad) but
> also control and automation.

Sure, these things are definitely problems we need to fix, but to the
innocent bystander (read: me) the current election appears an even
*more* convoluted and manual process. I wonder specifically what legal
requirements were imposed upon us that made us throw away the process
from the PTL elections and use this process instead.

--
Soren Hansen             | http://linux2go.dk/
Senior Software Engineer | http://www.cisco.com/