[OpenStack Foundation] [Openstack] Individual Nominations for Foundation Board of Directors

Soren Hansen soren at linux2go.dk
Thu Jul 26 21:42:39 UTC 2012

2012/7/26 Jonathan Bryce <jbryce at rackspace.com>:
> Thanks for the feedback. There are a lot of good suggestions and questions
> here. While we have run elections within OpenStack before, this is different
> because it's an election of corporate directors for the Foundation. We have
> to follow a little bit of a different process for nomination, member notice
> and the election itself to make sure we're meeting the requirements of our
> bylaws and Delaware law.

Can you (or someone else) be more specific about how our process for our other
elections don't meet these requirements? If we don't know what's wrong, we
can't fix it.

> To encourage broad representation, no more than two members of the Board may
> be affiliated with the same company, which means if the election results in
> too many employees from a single company, the candidate receiving the next
> highest votes would assume the seat.

Two questions:

Does this mean "affiliation" in the same sense as it did on the form for
joining the foundation (which allowed for affiliation with multiple companies)?
If so, how does being affiliated with more than one company affect this
restriction?

Also, what happens if a board member moves to a different company during their
term on the board?

--
Soren Hansen             | http://linux2go.dk/
Senior Software Engineer | http://www.cisco.com/