[OpenStack Foundation] [Openstack] Individual Nominations for Foundation Board of Directors

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Thu Jul 26 18:15:18 UTC 2012

On 07/26/2012 08:37 AM, Rick Clark wrote:
> Who is the election official, running this election.  Nomination
> should be an open process, similar to the core dev process.

Speaking of that process, it's broken and needs to be fixed ASAP, since
we'll have the PTL elections soon. The current nomination process,
especially, is broken: it requires way too much manual processing and
more than manipulation, it allows mistakes (like in the past election,
where I forgot to include one candidate to the list).

This is how we ran it last time:
http://wiki.openstack.org/Governance/ElectionsSpring2012

Want to help fix it? Let's define a better process and build the tools
to automate it all.

/stef