[OpenStack Foundation] OpenStack Foundation

Rick Clark rick at openstack.org
Sat Feb 4 10:36:41 UTC 2012

On 02/04/2012 04:20 AM, Soren Hansen wrote:
> 2012/2/4 Soren Hansen<soren at linux2go.dk>:
>> The schedule on http://wiki.openstack.org/Governance/Foundation says a
>> revised (or final?) mission statement would have been posted last week.
>
> Ah, since I wrote my e-mail yesterday, it seems that page has been
> updated. Sorry.
>
> We were promised more communication. I think the absolute minimum would
> be announcing changes to the schedule on the mailing list. More info
> about what is actually going on would also be nice.

I know that there are private meetings going on.  Rackspace needs to
understand that regardless of the good intent, it is not visible to the
majority of the community and appears to be a private endeavor.  I'm not
questioning the intent, just the communication.  If there is going to be
a period of gathering requirements from major participants, just put
that on the schedule, so everyone knows that something is happening,
instead of just radio silence.