[OpenStack Foundation] Gold Member Election Update

John_Igoe at Dell.com John_Igoe at Dell.com
Wed Aug 8 10:22:46 UTC 2012

Recently the gold member formation committee met to discuss the election of directors for the gold members and agreed on the mechanics and timing of our election. We will be holding our election using cumulative voting the week before the individual member elections. There was some earlier discussion on the list about the ordering of director selection, and this will make it clear who will be the gold directors by the end of the week before the individual member elections open.

Because we have a small number of members, the election will be administered by the Foundation's legal counsel at DLA Piper. There are a total of 11 gold members at this point in time and 8 board members will be elected. They will tally our votes and publish the results. We expect to complete the voting on a single day during the week of August 13th, although the exact date has not yet been set.

Please let us know if you have any questions regarding this effort.

Openstack Foundation Gold Member Formation Committee:

Randy Bias
Joshua McKenty
Adam Waters
Dale David