[OpenStack Foundation] Nomination Process Updates

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Wed Aug 1 22:56:35 UTC 2012

On 08/01/2012 05:51 PM, Doug Davis wrote:
> Monty Taylor <mordred at inaugust.com> wrote on 08/01/2012 06:41:48 PM:

>>> If IBM cared enough about this one thread, you betcha  :-)
>>
>> Weird. You and I exist in different worlds. :)
>
> I doubt it. If your company cared about an issue and you went directly
> against their wishes/goals your bosses wouldn't want to have a "chat"
> with you?  I certainly would if I was signing your paycheck.  :-)

This has possibly gone too far off track (although maybe it's still
relevant, I dunno) - but sure, it's entirely possible that they might
want to have a chat, and they might even have one. Everyone is free to
express themselves however they chose, and my bosses are no different.
Them expressing their opinion on my behavior is one thing. Me changing
my behavior it I considered what I did to be the correct thing is
entirely another.

> And if the answer is 'no' then its probably not an issue they care
> that much about and its not those cases I think people are really
> worried about.  In the end I just don't see the upside but plenty
> of downside to allowing companies more than one vote at the board.

I agree re: allowing companies more than one vote. I'm just saying
please, please, please do not confuse a vote from me with a vote from my
company. I'm fairly certain that I can provide years of corroboration
for that.

Monty