[OpenStack Foundation] Nomination Process Updates

Doug Davis dug at us.ibm.com
Wed Aug 1 22:51:58 UTC 2012

Monty Taylor <mordred at inaugust.com> wrote on 08/01/2012 06:41:48 PM:
> On 08/01/2012 05:35 PM, Doug Davis wrote:
> > Monty Taylor <mordred at inaugust.com> wrote on 08/01/2012 06:27:54 PM:
> >>
> >> If we _are_ owned by 100% by our companies, does that mean that your
> >> email here is representative of the thoughts and opinions of IBM?
> >
> > If IBM cared enough about this one thread, you betcha  :-)
>
> Weird. You and I exist in different worlds. :)

I doubt it. If your company cared about an issue and you went directly
against their wishes/goals your bosses wouldn't want to have a "chat"
with you?  I certainly would if I was signing your paycheck.  :-)
And if the answer is 'no' then its probably not an issue they care
that much about and its not those cases I think people are really
worried about.  In the end I just don't see the upside but plenty
of downside to allowing companies more than one vote at the board.

-Doug