[OpenStack Foundation] Nomination Process Updates

Monty Taylor mordred at inaugust.com
Wed Aug 1 22:27:54 UTC 2012

On 08/01/2012 05:06 PM, Doug Davis wrote:
> IMO, if you work for a platinum/gold company they own you.  ;-)

If we _are_ owned by 100% by our companies, does that mean that your
email here is representative of the thoughts and opinions of IBM?

>  No
> matter how much freedom they give you they signed a CCLA and you're
> contributing stuff on their behalf.  As far as I know on each commit you
> don't specify whether its coming from your company or you - its all the
> company's.  While some people may have more freedom than others, and some
> people may be able to wear multiple hats better than others, in the end if
> your company doesn't think you're representing their best interests I'm
> sure they will take some corrective action.

The better way to put it is that my company may "think" they own me.
They are welcome to believe that, it makes them easier to predict.

If I represent the best interests of OpenStack and my company becomes
unhappy with that, I welcome any attempts they may make at "corrective
action." ;)

Monty