[OpenStack Foundation] Nomination Process Updates

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Wed Aug 1 21:36:02 UTC 2012

On 08/01/2012 02:26 PM, Benjamin Black wrote:
> One of the growing pains of
> moving from a tightly-controlled project run by a company to an open
> and inclusive one run by a foundation is accepting that there are no
> longer any individual entitlements, regardless of contribution.

I can't let this one pass because I think that, while a diffused
perception, it's not supported by facts: for what I've seen so far in
almost 1 year, OpenStack, as an open source software project was never
"tightly controlled" by any company.

Please point to the facts (commit code, technical decisions, policies)
that make you think that OpenStack was controlled by one company.

/stef