[OpenStack Foundation] Nomination Process Updates

Soren Hansen soren at linux2go.dk
Wed Aug 1 21:32:13 UTC 2012

2012/8/1 Matt Joyce <matt at nycresistor.com>:
> I've got all the respect in the world for both of you.  But there are
> going to be people at $contributor that will vote not based on their
> own opinion but one that will serve their interests at $contributor
> because of incentives real or imagined.

If that's the problem that we're attempting to address by the director
diversity clause, I think that's thoroughly misguided.

If we don't want big companies to be able to stack the election, perhaps
the barrier to entry should be higher than just being able to operate a
web browser. Sure, we wouldn't be able to brag about having thousands of
members only weeks after opening the flood gates, but I think it would
have been worth it.

--
Soren Hansen             | http://linux2go.dk/
Senior Software Engineer | http://www.cisco.com/