[OpenStack Foundation] Nomination Process Updates

Benjamin Black b at b3k.us
Wed Aug 1 20:58:41 UTC 2012

In general, that is true.  In this case we are discussing
representation by individuals on a board for an industry project which
your employer has chosen to join.  They have a commercial interest in
the activities of the board, now, and as an employee, so do you.  This
creates a clear conflict of interest.  A conflict of interest does not
mean you _would_ represent your employer via an individual seat, it
means the incentives are present both for you and Cisco to do so.
That is true for all other member companies and their employees, as
well.  This is one reason I strongly support excluding member
companies from fielding candidates for individual seats.