[OpenStack Foundation] Nomination Process Updates

Benjamin Black b at b3k.us
Wed Aug 1 20:17:23 UTC 2012

On Wed, Aug 1, 2012 at 1:05 PM, Stefano Maffulli <stefano at openstack.org> wrote:
> On 08/01/2012 12:37 PM, Gil Yehuda wrote:
>> Seriously, when reviewing the Individual Membership part of the
>> bylaws we noticed that companies could "game" the system by telling
>> all their employees to sign up.
>
> Maybe, but the way the rules for composition of the board make it
> impossible for a company to have more than two people sitting on the
> board. Out of 24 Board Members, what's the worst that can happen?

"Maybe" in this case includes the CEO of Rackspace sending email out
to all employees telling them to join, so it is perhaps not so
speculative?  The worst that can happen: all platinum and gold company
leadership does the same, packs the election with their own employees
as voters and candidates, shuts out the individuals from the community
for which those seats are explicitly intended.  Why would there be any
other expectation?