[OpenStack Foundation] Nomination Process Updates

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Wed Aug 1 20:05:30 UTC 2012

On 08/01/2012 12:37 PM, Gil Yehuda wrote:
> Seriously, when reviewing the Individual Membership part of the
> bylaws we noticed that companies could "game" the system by telling
> all their employees to sign up.

Maybe, but the way the rules for composition of the board make it
impossible for a company to have more than two people sitting on the
board. Out of 24 Board Members, what's the worst that can happen?

> This is a problem that we need to
> expose by social shaming -- which the script below will help do for
> us. Thank you!! I'd love to see a graph on the website itself.

I don't think there is nothing to be ashamed of if HP and Rackspace
employees are flocking to join as individual members. Speaking for what
I know at Rackspace, the company is investing deeply in OpenStack and I
have no doubt that this sort of support from corporate leadership is
permeating down the lines of employees.

I'd really like to investigate better the worst case scenario here,
considering the sort of systems put in place in the bylaws to have a
balanced board.

/stef