[OpenStack Foundation] Nomination Process Updates

Doug Davis dug at us.ibm.com
Wed Aug 1 20:00:39 UTC 2012

> This is a problem that we need to expose by social shaming

I'm confused.  What's the problem that needs to be exposed?  My
understanding is that ALL members of the openstack community are supposed
to join as individual members regardless of whether they work for a
platinum, gold, ... company.  If this is not supposed to be true then the
by-laws need to change to indicate this.  But if the by-laws are correct
as they stand today then the "gaming" you're talking about is built
directly into the system on purpose - for better or worse.  Now, if people
want to make it so its more like "one company/individual == one vote" then
the by-laws would need to change.

thanks
-Doug
(919) 254-6905  |  IBM 444-6905  |  dug at us.ibm.com