[OpenStack Foundation] Nomination Process Updates

Benjamin Black b at b3k.us
Wed Aug 1 19:37:01 UTC 2012

Jonathan,

Great to see more transparency in this process, thank you!  Can folks
clarify for me why the individual seats are being put in place before
the paid seats, given this:

"In accordance with the OpenStack Foundation Bylaws, Board elections
will take place online using a cumulative voting method. No more than
two members of the Board may be affiliated with the same company,
which means the candidate receiving the next highest votes would
assume the seat if the election results in too many employees from a
single company."

Even further, why are employees of platinum and gold member companies
allows to run at all given that the point of the individual seats is
to expand representation to include those unable to pay to play?