[OpenStack Foundation] Nomination Process Updates

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Wed Aug 1 19:35:56 UTC 2012

On 08/01/2012 11:56 AM, Matt Joyce wrote:
>> For those who are curious, I've pushed up an ugly hack to get some
>> basic stats one membership affiliations here:
>>   https://gist.github.com/3229457
>
> =/  not particularly happy with those numbers.  it's about as fair and
> balanced as fox news.

I'm sorry to hear that this is your opinion. Individual Members of
OpenStack have promised to respect the Community Code of Conduct,
they're responsible to respect the policies set in the Foundation's
bylaws. The 'affiliation' (which corporation pays for their salary) is
incidental: it has to be disclosed for transparency and to manage
conflicts of interest. Also, the OpenStack community has given ample
prove to be very very vigilant against violation of policies, norms and
rules.

If it's like Fox News it's more like in a novel where Fox News audience
is all from NPR people: thousands of eyes ready to point at mistakes and
lies :)

I'm confident that all candidates for Individual Members of the Board
have first and foremost the interest of OpenStack in mind, not of those
that pay their checks.

Regards,
stef