[OpenStack Foundation] Employees and Officers

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Wed Oct 12 14:02:02 UTC 2011

Jay Pipes wrote:
> On Wed, Oct 12, 2011 at 9:37 AM, Thierry Carrez <thierry at openstack.org> wrote:
>> From Jay's original email:
>>> Should the foundation even have employees, or should foundation roles
>>> simply be employees of donor organizations, with their salaries
>>> composing some part of foundation membership dues?
>>
>> I'd say both options are on the table, and they don't have to be
>> exclusive. Someone working full-time on Foundation-owned tasks (see
>> "Scope of Foundation" thread) should be considered working on the
>> Foundation.
>
> Sure. But I'd like to see specifically what are the roles that would
> be proposed to be employees of the foundation...
>
> General Counsel?
> Release Manager?
> Community Manager/Advocate?
> Web Developer for openstack.org domain(s)?
> Infrastructure Engineer(s)?
> Human Resources Generalist or Recruiter?

It should be the decision of the Money board to decide if a given role
is deemed so central to the Foundation that it should count as a
Foundation role (either directly employed or donated), since it
definitely affects how the Foundation money is spent. I'm not sure we
need to define those beforehand, or write them in stone in the bylaws.

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack