[OpenStack Foundation] Hello...

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Wed Oct 12 13:42:45 UTC 2011

mark at openstack.org wrote:
> I think this is a good list of questions Jay.  I expect it will take some time to figure them all out.  Agree with Thierry we need to separate them.

Split of topics done -- please follow-up on those specific threads. If
you have a new topic please start a new thread, will help in keeping the
discussion readable.

> I think it would be good to give a few more days for people to join the list before diving in too deep.  I'll put up a blog post today to help spread the word about the list.

I agree. In the mean time, please quote liberally and use archives :)

> As far as what to tackle first, I think it would make sense to start at a high level, recapping the discussion at the conference (video of it should be available next week to post) and address some of the initial questions about Mission & Scope before getting into structure, funding, and all that fun stuff :)

Indeed, the most pressing thread of the three I just split is certainly
the "scope of the foundation" one. We could certainly use a "mission
statement" one or a "what is openstack" one. We could also use threads
presenting the advantages and drawbacks of other open source foundations
models, possibly inviting people from those foundations to comment.

--
Thierry