[OpenStack Foundation] Scope of the Foundation

Thierry Carrez thierry at openstack.org
Wed Oct 12 13:32:04 UTC 2011

>From Jay's original email:
> What, if any, technical roles should be placed into the foundation?
> Release management? Community management? Infrastructure development
> like Jenkins and source control, list management, etc?

I think the foundation should definitely own the infrastructure
necessary to produce OpenStack core projects. Servers and manpower could
be donated by one member (and its value be deduced somehow of its
membership fee), but in the end, I think the task of keeping everything
running should be a Foundation task.

> Should openstack.org and the maintenance of that site be moved under
> control of foundation employees?

I think it would make sense. openstack.org would probably end up being
the foundation domain ?

--
Thierry Carrez (ttx)
Release Manager, OpenStack