[OpenStack Foundation] Hello...

Jay Pipes jaypipes at gmail.com
Wed Oct 12 12:52:11 UTC 2011

Hi Jan!

I'd like to see some discussion regarding what initial functions will
move to a foundation first? Legal and trademark policy stuff,
copyright and patent management sound like good beginning efforts.

How are participating organizations going to join the foundation, and
what dollar amounts grant the donor organization what rights? Is it a
good idea to look at separating the (currently singular) Project
Policy Board into at least two boards, one focused on technical
matters and another focused on legal, copyright, and trademark issues?

What, if any, technical roles should be placed into the foundation?
Release management? Community management? Infrastructure development
like Jenkins and source control, list management, etc?

Should openstack.org and the maintenance of that site be moved under
control of foundation employees?

Should the foundation even have employees, or should foundation roles
simply be employees of donor organizations, with their salaries
composing some part of foundation membership dues?

All questions that I've personally been wondering about and questions
I heard voiced last week by numerous individuals.

Cheers,
-jay