[Foundation Board] Looking for volunteers to lead Interoperability working group

Kurt Garloff kurt at garloff.de
Fri Feb 21 19:15:19 UTC 2020

Hi Thierry,

Thanks for bringing this up!

Egle and Mark have done very good work and I want to express my gratefulness to them!

I have participated in that group before, though unfortunately have not been able to do so in 2019.
I am willing and able to participate again, but I don't have the depth that Egle and Mark have. I'm certainly happy to help and be the liaison to the board.

And I fully agree that this WG continues to be very important!

@Egle: Please share your thoughts how this can work out!

Thanks,
-- Kurt

On 21 February 2020 17:18:14 CET, Thierry Carrez <thierry at openstack.org> wrote:
>Hi, newly-elected and returning board members,
>
>During the last meeting, Alan called for new volunteers to join board
>committees like the Compensation committee or the Finance committee.
>
>While not strictly a committee, the Interoperability working group
>(formerly known as DefCore committee) is a OSF board working group that
>
>leads the definition of new versions of our Interoperability
>guidelines,
>which are used to grant the rights to use various trademarks such as
>"OpenStack-Powered platform".
>
>The group was previously led by Egle Sigler and Mark Voelker, who as of
>
>2020 are no longer part of the board. Its main task is to get consensus
>
>on which APIs are necessary to be offered and which sections of code
>are
>necessary to be run to call your deployment "an OpenStack cloud".
>Technically, that translates into the definition of a set of Tempest
>tests matching the required API calls, so that products and deployments
>
>can assert the trademark through a suite of tools called RefStack.
>
>This work is critical in driving interoperability between OpenStack
>deployments, which is an essential benefit of using OpenStack software
>in hybrid usage scenarios. Representing all facets of our community,
>the
>Board is uniquely positioned to define what that consensus looks like
>and evolve it over time.
>
>Who is interested in participating in that workgroup ? I'm available to
>
>answer any question you may have about the process, and for questions I
>
>don't have the answer to, I copied Egle on this email so that she can
>bring additional context if needed.
>
>Thanks!
>
>--
>Thierry Carrez (ttx)