[Foundation Board] Bylaws draft changes for review at meeting

Jonathan Bryce jonathan at openstack.org
Thu Oct 25 13:02:36 UTC 2018

Hi everyone,

We’ve been working on Bylaws changes and have a draft that’s several revisions in to review today. This is not ready to vote on today. We’d like to vote on it at the Board meeting in Berlin. Today, I’d like to walk through the changes with everyone, see if there’s anything that needs more refinement and be ready to share the proposed amendments with the whole community.

There are 3 basic categories of changes in this draft: 1) changes to support additional projects; 2) changes requested by the Technical Committee; and 3) changes to remove unnecessary corporate startup provisions in the original bylaws.

Thanks!

Jonathan