[Foundation Board] We need your help (re: User Survey)

Heidi Joy Tretheway heidijoy at openstack.org
Wed Feb 1 20:57:43 UTC 2017

Dear Board,

We have an ambitious goal for the coming three weeks: boost User Survey participation from 1,600 people last year to 2,000 this cycle. To reach this goal, we need your help—please invite your customers and colleagues to take the User Survey!

The deadline to fill out the survey is February 20 at 23:59 UTC/16:59 Pacific. Start the survey now: https://www.openstack.org/user-survey <https://www.openstack.org/user-survey>.

It doesn’t matter if you’re a business leader, developer, user, cloud architect, marketer, or IT leader. We hope every OpenStack member will take the time to answer our ninth semiannual User Survey.

The survey asks everyone a few basic questions—how and why do you work with OpenStack, what do you like about it, and where can we improve? If you operate an OpenStack cloud, we’ll ask you a deeper set of questions that helps us understand your technology choices so we can provide feedback to development teams.

What can OpenStack board members do to help?
Answer the survey. It should take 5-10 minutes, and an additional 10 minutes if you fill out information about your cloud. If you answered the survey last fall, you won't need to start from scratch. Just log back in to update your deployment profile.
Encourage your colleagues inside and outside your company to answer the survey. Please reach out to as many professional contacts as possible, as we’ve found personal contacts to be the best way to get more responses.
Tweet, post and share the survey. Here are some sample tweets:
The largest survey of OpenStack users needs you: www.openstack.org/user-survey <http://www.openstack.org/user-survey>
    Influence the future of OpenStack by sharing your opinion: www.openstack.org/user-survey <http://www.openstack.org/user-survey>
    What's the #1 reason people choose OpenStack? Give us your take: www.openstack.org/user-survey <http://www.openstack.org/user-survey>
    How can OpenStack be better for your business? Weigh in now: www.openstack.org/user-survey <http://www.openstack.org/user-survey>
Add the survey link to your customer newsletter, email signature, or other outgoing communications.
All of the information you provide is confidential to the Foundation and will be aggregated anonymously unless you specifically allow us to make it public.

One more reason to fill out the survey: We’ll share the survey findings first with those who fill out the user survey, and then with the community at next OpenStack Summit, May 8-11 in Boston.

Please drop me a note with any questions or concerns, and thank you for helping amplify the User Survey!

Heidi Joy Tretheway
Senior Marketing Manager, OpenStack Foundation
503 816 9769 <tel:503 816 9769> | Skype: heidi.tretheway <https://webapp.wisestamp.com/sig_iframe?origin=mac-mail&signature_id=5499768844845056&t=0.9726545857097719#>
 <http://linkedin.com/in/heiditretheway>  <http://twitter.com/heiditretheway>  <http://www.openstack.org/>