[Foundation Board] Bulletin: Newton release preview, Barcelona call for agenda items, upcoming events & deadlines

Heidi Joy Tretheway heidijoy at openstack.org
Mon Sep 19 17:08:19 UTC 2016

OpenStack Marketing Bulletin
Sept. 19, 2016

Marketing preview for Newton
Join us Tuesday, Sept. 27 at 1800 UTC/ 11 a.m. Pacific <https://zoom.us/j/5038169769> for a preview of Newton, OpenStack’s 14th software release. We’ll highlight key features and enhancements that will be delivered with Newton on Oct. 6. The session will be recorded, and you can see the Mitaka session <https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cJOXYvOCPN4> for reference—a very popular recording with more than 2,400 views!
Copy/paste these details into your calendar:
Topic: Marketing community Newton preview
Time: Sep 27, 2016 11:00 AM (GMT-7:00) Pacific Time (US and Canada)
Join from PC, Mac, Linux, iOS or Android: https://zoom.us/j/5038169769 <https://zoom.us/j/5038169769>
Or iPhone one-tap (US Toll):  +16465588656,5038169769# or +14086380968,5038169769#
Or Telephone: Dial: +1 646 558 8656 (US Toll) or +1 408 638 0968 (US Toll)  Meeting ID: 503 816 9769.  International numbers available <https://zoom.us/zoomconference?m=E5Gcj6WHnrCsWmjQRQr7KFsXkP9nAIaP>.

Marketing community meeting in Barcelona
Please join your colleagues from throughout the OpenStack marketing ecosystem for our in-person meeting during the Barcelona Summit (time & day TBD). This meeting is structured as a conversation rather than a presentation, so we encourage you to come ready to participate and give your feedback. Key points for discussion:
OpenStack's marketing plans for 2017
Key highlights/ projects delivered and results from 2016
OpenStack's logo modernization—plans, tools and guidelines for updating to the new logo
Marketing collaborative campaign—launching "The World Runs on OpenStack" via PR, advertising and social media
Call for agenda items in Barcelona
Do you have a suggestion for what our team should discuss during our Barcelona community meeting? You can present a topic or just let us know what you’d like to discuss. Please share your ideas <mailto:heidijoy at openstack.org>!

Previous marketing community meeting
See what we’ve delivered recently and what’s to come. Watch the recording <https://zoom.us/recording/play/tzB8zXYV7ME1BE--_fT_lj5ORCKfp9IVM8-Sp8LWuieHMUv-LjdclIwF-rHhgwwf>.
OpenStack is refreshing our logo, which will be launched at the Boston Summit in May 2017.
Our Marketing Portal <http://www.openstack.org/marketing> got a complete overhaul.
Get an update on the marketing community’s collaborative campaign. The next campaign meeting is Thursday, Sept. 1—if you’re not already on the team, please drop me a note <mailto:heidijoy at openstack.org> to get the invitation.

OPENSTACK SUMMIT BARCELONA
Attendee registration <https://openstacksummit2016barcelona.eventbrite.com/> - prices increase next week September 29 at 11:59pm PT
Visa invitation request <https://www.openstack.org/summit/barcelona-2016/travel/#visa> - October 3 deadline
Hotel discount room blocks  <https://www.openstack.org/summit/barcelona-2016/travel/#hotels>
Local’s Guide to Barcelona <https://www.openstack.org/summit/barcelona-2016/city-guide/>
Is your organization giving a talk in Barcelona?
Some of the most successful talks at the OpenStack Summit Austin were prepared with help from marketing and communications departments. If members of your organization are giving a talk––whether as an individual or in a sponsor session––help them prepare with these small ways to make an OpenStack talk a big success <http://superuser.openstack.org/articles/how-to-make-your-openstack-summit-talk-a-big-success>.

OPENSTACK AT INDUSTRY EVENTS
Cloud Computing Conference <http://www.icee3.com/> in San Jose, CA: Sean Roberts from Walmart will be delivering a “What’s Next for OpenStack at Walmart” presentation on October 17, 2016 at 2:45pm.

The OpenStack Foundation will have a booth at KubeCon <http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/kubecon>, which gathers leading Kubernetes technologists from multiple open source cloud native communities to further the education and advancement of Docker, Kubernetes, and Cloud Native architectures. This event is co-located with CloudNativeCon, Nov. 8–9, 2016, in Seattle, WA.

The OpenStack Foundation will also have a presence at SuperComputing16, which takes place this year in Salt Lake City, Utah on Nov. 13-18, 2016.

OPENSTACK DAY EVENTS
Be sure to check out the OpenStack Days <https://www.openstack.org/community/events/openstackdays> website, which includes everything you want to know about OpenStack Days: OpenStack Day videos and photos from around the world, information on how to host an OpenStack Day, a new OpenStack Day Toolkit, and a list of all upcoming OpenStack Day events. Sponsorships for these events are still available.
Upcoming OpenStack Days:
Sept. 22nd: OSD Nordics (Sweden)
Sept. 29th: OSD Seattle
Oct.   8th:  OSD Sao Paulo
Nov. 14th:  OSD Australia
Nov. 19th:  OSD Natal
Nov. 22nd: OSD France
Nov. 22nd: OSD Canada

The OpenStack Marketing Bulletin is a resource for the OpenStack marketing community, distributed every 2-4 weeks to the marketing mailing list <http://lists.openstack.org/cgi-bin/mailman/listinfo/marketing>. You’ll find upcoming events <https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1N6Fi1iAgpkDKMkcaTh8s7pwPzwjKuPzJJdgxR8bA29E/edit?pref=2&pli=1#gid=992025170.>, opportunities to participate, fresh content <http://www.openstack.org/marketing>, and important dates. Watch for future marketing meetings <https://wiki.openstack.org/wiki/Governance/Foundation/Marketing#Open_Marketing_Meetings_2014.2F2015> (use this link to see past agendas, slides, and recordings too). The bulletin is edited by Heidi Joy Tretheway <mailto:heidijoy at openstack.org> and your contributions are welcome.

Heidi Joy Tretheway
Senior Marketing Manager, OpenStack Foundation
503 816 9769 <tel:503 816 9769> | Skype: heidi.tretheway <https://webapp.wisestamp.com/sig_iframe?origin=mac-mail&signature_id=5499768844845056&t=0.9726545857097719#>
 <http://linkedin.com/in/heiditretheway>  <http://twitter.com/heiditretheway>  <http://www.openstack.org/>