[Foundation Board] July board meeting, Neutron

Alan Clark aclark at suse.com
Tue Jul 7 23:20:08 UTC 2015

I placed 2 items on the draft agenda.  Neutron and the Product Work Group.

At the Vancouver board meeting, joint meeting and gold member meeting the topic of Neutron came up multiple times. As such I asked Kyle (Neutron PTL), to come address some of the questions and perceptions raised up during those meetings.  This agenda item is intended to address those questions at a 'board level'.  It is not intended to conflict with the TC and their technical role.  I've asked Kyle to address general perceptions, to frame the future of the project, to highlight any barriers to the success of the driver program, and to discuss the process for DefCore's need for direction in regards to networking.

The second topic is from the March board meeting.  Two of the breakout groups recommended that the board "help the new product management group be successful across the community".  As part of our continued "strategy and planning" discussions I've asked and the group has requested time to meet with the Board.

I also slated time for several of our committees to report.  I know there are several committee meetings scheduled between now and the board meeting with the goal to report at the board meeting.

It's going to be a busy board meeting! We'll make good progress.

regards,

AlanClark