[Foundation Board] [Foundation Board Confidential] [Foundation Board Confidental] Remote Audio Issues

Roland Chan roland at aptira.com
Thu Aug 6 00:19:40 UTC 2015

​
How far do we go to satisfy everyone?

Short Answer: Until we find a solution. This is the nature of inclusivity.

Long Answer: Geographical diversity is important now, and will be more
important in the future. Inhibiting remote participation clearly limits the
ability of directors, especially individually elected directors, to
participate in one of our peak governing bodies from outside of a small
geographical area.

If we are unwilling outsource resolution of a simple issue in a mature
technological field, I cannot imagine how we can succeed in meeting our
diversity goals in areas where the solution space is much less mature and
the effort required from us all will be orders of magnitude higher.

Does the board have any limitations in mind when it comes to the charter we
approved just last month? If we do, I suggest we publish them so they can
be debated and endorsed.

​Roland

​[cross posted to the Foundation-Board list]​