[Foundation Board] Reaction to Citrix sponsorship

Mark McLoughlin markmc at redhat.com
Wed Apr 22 20:16:46 UTC 2015

Tristan,

Regarding some of your tweets yesterday, specifically:

  https://twitter.com/tristangoode/status/590524567333965825

and not forgetting another recent incident including:

  https://twitter.com/tristangoode/status/567055657124106240

If anyone in our community told a new sponsor to fuck off and used words
like "lazy, gutless, and racist" to describe board members, I'd feel
like we should address that head on. Much has been written about how
dealing with poisonous people is an important test for any community.

For a board member to be acting this way is completely unacceptable.
While no doubt speaking in a personal capacity here, your behavior
reflects badly on the gold members you represent, the board, the
foundation, and the community generally.

Furthermore, you've recently sought to champion the cause of diversity
in our community. The most fundamental thing any community can do to
increase diversity is to make the community a safe, friendly, and
welcoming place for everyone. Your behavior is destructive to the cause
you claim to care deeply about.

I hope you take a step back and reflect on this, and I hope you
apologize.

Mark.