[openstack-community] Future of this mailing list

Danny Abukalam danny at abukalam.com
Wed Jun 9 21:45:24 UTC 2021

On Wed, Jun 9, 2021 at 10:36 PM Jeremy Stanley <fungi at yuggoth.org> wrote:

> On 2021-06-09 16:01:44 -0500 (-0500), Ashlee Ferguson wrote:
> > Well, the reason there hasn’t been much interaction here is
> > because there haven’t been in-person events for over 9 months. I
> > realize it’s still limited during event cycles, but I think having
> > a ML specific to the community and User Group organizers is
> > important because of the heavy traffic on the discuss ML.
> [...]
>
> But is it actually reaching anyone? In the several months since I
> proposed folding this into openstack-discuss there was only one real
> response, and it was from you. Do we have reason to believe that the
> community and user group organizers are reading the messages here?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WOGI7qeD1NA

Yup! I do read this list and agree with Ashlee - I definitely think there's
value in keeping it, as I definitely hope that when in-person events pick
up, user group and community leaders will continue to collaborate on
advocacy, and this list is useful for that.

I wouldn't be against moving to opendev or something else, as I think it's
definitely true that the OpenInfra community now represents more than just
the OpenStack project.

Thanks,
Danny