[openstack-community] [External] Re: how do I revert a volume snapshot?

Ratliff, John jdratlif at iu.edu
Tue Dec 3 15:29:20 UTC 2019

Thanks, but that feels like a really complicated process to rollback. It seems I would need to delete my old machine and volume, make a volume from the snapshot, create a new one with the same port, a new volume and specify the cloud-init script.

Is that really the best way to revert to a snapshot? I don’t have a lot of experience with openstack, and the documentation and scope is quite large, but I’ve used vmware, libvirt with qemu, hyper-v, and virtualbox, and they all had a fairly simple one-step process to revert a snapshot. I feel like I’m missing something easy.

Thanks.

--John