[openstack-community] ERROR (DiscoveryFailure): Could not determine a suitable URL for the plugin

Kolade Odewole koladoo at gmail.com
Thu Jul 27 14:29:08 UTC 2017

Dear all,

I want to configure access to openstack identity API via https, I installed
a VM with Nginx which receives request via https and sends to the identity
API via http.

When I enter the Nginx vm ip address (https://10.197.40.50) on my web
browser and when I enter the identity API address (
http://10.197.48.201:5000/v2.0) on my web browser, I get the same json
results.

Also with "export OS_AUTH_URL=http://10.197.48.201:5000/v2.0" in the
openstack RC file, I am able to source the file and launch commands like
"nova list" from my  cli.

But when I replace: "export OS_AUTH_URL=http://10.197.48.201:5000/v2.0" in
the openstack RC file with "export OS_AUTH_URL=https://10.197.40.50 and I
try thesame "nova list" command; I get the following error:

*No handlers could be found for logger "keystoneauth.identity.generic.base"*
*ERROR (DiscoveryFailure): Could not determine a suitable URL for the
plugin*

I also tried specifying the parameter export OS_INSECURE="true" in the
openstack RC file but it doesn't make a difference and it results in the
same error.

Please help! I'm really stuck. Thank you