[openstack-community] [Ambassadors] Weekly/Monthly Newsletter

Stefano Maffulli stefano at openstack.org
Wed Sep 14 06:17:51 UTC 2016

On 09/13/2016 09:40 PM, Gene Kuo wrote:
> There are dozens of user groups worldwide an it's nearly an
> impossible task to read every meetup page, so we would like each user
> group leaders to fill out the etherpad
> (https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/usergroup-monthly-newsletter) with
> what they would like to share in the newsletter. We will really
> appreciate user group leaders to spend a little time writing a short
> paragraph or putting a link to the selected meetups.

If it's impossible to read every meetup page, isn't it a bit too much to
ask to volunteers to do one more burocratic step, like filling up an
etherpad?

This sort of aggregation of data is what the Groups portal was designed
to do...

If you look at
https://groups.openstack.org/groups/mexico-guadalajara-openstack-gdl
you'll see that all recent events from meetup.com are being pulled
correctly, so the data is already in one place. If I remember correctly,
there is also a way to generate reports from that site... You may want
to ask Tom or Marton about those.

/stef