[openstack-community] OpenStack Meetup Organizers: Potential OPNFV Speakers For Your Meetups

Brandon Wick bwick at linuxfoundation.org
Tue Sep 13 23:22:15 UTC 2016

 OpenStack Meetup Organizers,

My name is Brandon Wick and I head up marketing for the OPNFV
<https://www.opnfv.org/> project at the Linux Foundation. Under the advice
of Kathy and Denise on the OpenStack Marketing Team, I'm reaching out to
you all to explore opportunities around integrating OPNFV with OpenStack as
a topic of future meetups.

For those not familiar with us, OPNFV is a carrier-grade, integrated, open
source platform that facilitates the introduction of new NFV products and
services. It's built on widespread collaboration across many
telecommunications providers and enterprises, integrates the work of
standards bodies, open source communities and commercial suppliers to
deliver a functional, standard NFV platform.

Telecom is one of the fastest growing areas for OpenStack and some of the
world’s largest global telecommunications companies are exploring and
implementing OPNFV and OpenStack for their NFV implementations. The OPNFV
and OpenStack developer communities share many members and work across
projects using similar processes to meet specific user requirements and
advocate new NFV features. For more information, see the OPNFV and
OpenStack Community wiki page
<https://wiki.opnfv.org/display/COM/OpenStack> and
the OpenStack NFV white paper
<http://www.openstack.org/assets/telecoms-and-nfv/OpenStack-Foundation-NFV-Report.pdf>
.

A representative from an OPNFV user group in India
<http://www.meetup.com/Delhi-NCR-OPNFV-Meetup/> spoke at the recent OpenStack
Days India <http://openstackdays.in/> and we now have the ability to source
OPNFV speakers from many areas around the world. See this map of the eight
current OPNFV meetups <http://www.meetup.com/pro/opnfv/>. As you plan your
future OpenStack meetups, we hope that you'll consider covering the
intersection of OPNFV and OpenStack. If you would like to discuss speaking
opportunities at your future meetups, or if you would like to start an
OPNFV meetup in your city, please let us know.

In Partnership,

Brandon Wick
Integrated Marketing Manager, The Linux Foundation
Mobile: +1.917.282.0960  Skype: wick.brandon
Email / Google Talk: bwick at linuxfoundation.org

<https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2a_7rNgkXFE>
*New Brief: State of NFV and OPNFV: An Update
<http://go.linuxfoundation.org/l/6342/2016-07-28/3dcn6c/6342/153326/Publication_OPNFV_HeavyReading.pdf>*