[openstack-community] Proposal: remove voting on speaking proposals for Barcelona Summit

Florian Haas florian at hastexo.com
Thu May 19 21:24:07 UTC 2016

On Thu, May 19, 2016 at 11:16 PM, Jeremy Stanley <fungi at yuggoth.org> wrote:
> On 2016-05-19 22:40:58 +0200 (+0200), Florian Haas wrote:
> [...]
>> So to summarize, it looks like there are four options currently
>> being discussed:
>>
>> (1) Keep everything exactly as it has been (this implies rejecting
>> Claire's original proposal to drop voting).
>> (2) Drop voting, put everything in the track chairs' hands.
> [...]
>
> The second is a slight mischaracterization. Even with the status
> quo, everything is already entirely in the hands of the track
> chairs.

With the help of the community, who do provide input. By putting
"everything" in the track chairs' hands I meant not only the final
decision, but reviewing talks, ranking and selecting them completely
among themselves, without community input — which what dropping voting
alone would be, if everything else remained unchanged.

Cheers,
Florian