[openstack-community] Proposal: remove voting on speaking proposals for Barcelona Summit

Jeremy Stanley fungi at yuggoth.org
Thu May 19 21:16:57 UTC 2016

On 2016-05-19 22:40:58 +0200 (+0200), Florian Haas wrote:
[...]
> So to summarize, it looks like there are four options currently
> being discussed:
>
> (1) Keep everything exactly as it has been (this implies rejecting
> Claire's original proposal to drop voting).
> (2) Drop voting, put everything in the track chairs' hands.
[...]

The second is a slight mischaracterization. Even with the status
quo, everything is already entirely in the hands of the track
chairs. The difference between 1 and 2 is whether or not we keep an
(arguably noisy beyond help) existing community feedback channel for
the track chairs to consider in making their decisions.
--
Jeremy Stanley