[openstack-community] Proposal: remove voting on speaking proposals for Barcelona Summit

Tristan Goode tristan at aptira.com
Thu May 19 14:15:07 UTC 2016

I wasn’t serious to begin with, but faced with the two options of either:

The Foundation dropping the voting and using the (same old) "cheer squad" to
select talks..
Or
Your proposal of only letting speakers pick talks..

It increasingly looks as valid selection method as any. Both the above
methods, by dropping the audience's ability to have their say in any way at
all say fuck the audience.

Maybe voting for the track chairs is a way to give the audience some say.
The current method of the foundation picking the cheer squad denies any
critique.

I was once a track chair, but haven't been for a couple of years because I
got dropped from the cheer squad possibly for not agreeing that everything
the foundation and the TC do is beyond question. But at least I get to vote
for talks and take great pleasure in voting against the usual blowhards that
the cheer squad nominate _every_single_summit_.