[openstack-community] Proposal: remove voting on speaking proposals for Barcelona Summit

Dave Neary dneary at redhat.com
Thu May 19 14:10:31 UTC 2016

Hi,

On 05/19/2016 09:38 AM, Doug Hellmann wrote:
> I feel like this system assumes bad faith on the part of the
> contributor (speaker, reviewer, and voter), and tries to enforce
> good behavior through rules and technology. I would rather we have
> a more public way of selecting track chairs and then have faith in
> them to evaluate talks objectively for relevance and quality, sharing
> guidance and feedback as part of the process.

This pretty much summarises my view also. Transparency and
accountability of those who choose, and trust that the senior, qualified
members of our community who are chosen will do what is in the greater good.

Thanks,
Dave.

--
Dave Neary - NFV/SDN Community Strategy
Ph: +1-978-399-2182 / Cell: +1-978-799-3338