[openstack-community] Proposal: remove voting on speaking proposals for Barcelona Summit

Florian Haas florian at hastexo.com
Thu May 19 13:41:47 UTC 2016

On Thu, May 19, 2016 at 3:30 PM, Doug Hellmann <doug at doughellmann.com> wrote:
> EuroPython limits voting to conference attendees. I don't know how much
> the votes factor into talk selection, but I could ask someone on the
> program committee if that would be useful.

For clarity: is that _previous_ conference attendees, or do they
require people to sign up while the conference program is still
completely blank? The latter would seem to me like making people buy
the cat in the bag, which would be fine for a grassroots conference
but strikes me as a bit inappropriate for the huge event that the
Summit has become.

Cheers,
Florian