[openstack-community] Proposal: remove voting on speaking proposals for Barcelona Summit

David Medberry openstack at medberry.net
Thu May 19 01:58:06 UTC 2016

On Wed, May 18, 2016 at 12:42 PM, Devananda van der Veen <
devananda.vdv at gmail.com> wrote:

> But the situation we're in, I think, is that folks only vote on the talks
> that
> surface within their social network.

In prior summits, I voted on nearly every proposal within the tracks I was
proposing and interested in. It just became impossible to do that (partly
due to the tools created and partly due to the volume) this go round.

So, while I did vote on a good number of "random" talks, I usually started
with one I was alerted to by Soc Media or personal relationships (including
company relationships). I don't think there is a way currently to enforce
this though (maybe by only considering votes when someone has voted on 10+
sessions in a given track, then give weight to their votes... otoh,you
wouldn't want to heavily advertise this criteria or folks would "game"
around it.