[openstack-community] Proposal: remove voting on speaking proposals for Barcelona Summit

Nick Chase nchase at mirantis.com
Wed May 18 15:57:54 UTC 2016

On 5/18/2016 9:09 AM, Stefano Maffulli wrote:
> Instead of votes, we may ask for written comments instead: I'd read
> those if I were a track chair and undecided about a proposal.
>
> I'm not attached to votes per se: what I think we should keep is
>
> - the drums beating signaling the incoming summit: these bring visibility
> - the openness: the fact that I can browse proposed talks is a valuable
> thing as a speaker and one that sets apart OpenStack from other conferences

I agree with Stef on all of this.  I think we should have the ability
for people to leave comments on a proposal, which then also necessitates
having all of the talks visible at some point.  Yes, there will likely
be some spam management to be handled, but I think it's a small price to
pay.

We may even find that comments are helpful in shaping the talks and
improving them prior to the summit.

----  Nick