[openstack-community] OpenStack Birthday Feedback

Kenneth Hui kenhuinyc at gmail.com
Mon May 16 15:19:03 UTC 2016

Kendall,

I think the annual celebration is a great tradition and worth keeping. I
wonder though if we can support user groups without having to give $500 per
group. The more established groups can probably support the celebration via
vendor sponsorship with less established groups using Foundation funds.
Also, $500 may be more than is needed for groups with smaller attendance.
Maybe we can give groups the option of accepting smaller funds or no funds
for their parties?

What may be more helpful actually would be smaller swag like laptop
stickers for each anniversary. Another way that the Foundation may be able
to help is to provide a video that celebrates an anniversary with perhaps a
message from someone from the board and/or testimonies from community
members.

Thank you.

--
Kenneth Hui