[openstack-community] YUM server question

Steve Gordon sgordon at redhat.com
Thu Nov 5 21:53:48 UTC 2015

----- Original Message -----
> From: "Wilson Kwok" <leiw324 at gmail.com>
> To: "OpenStack community" <community at lists.openstack.org>
>
> Hello all,
>
> We're testing RDO in our school lab, but the network have QoS, when 30
> students downloading RDO caused  network connection lost. We're thinking to
> download RDO to our YUM server, and then students download RDO from this
> YUM server to avoid this issue. Can someone tell me how to do with YUM
> server ? thanks.

The tool you are after to create a local copy of the repositories is 'reposync', it's part of the 'yum-utils' package:

    https://access.redhat.com/solutions/23016

In that example it sets it up to be shared via HTTP but you could also share it as an NFS mount etc., on the other end you need to create a .repo file (or update the existing ones) in /etc/yum.repos.d pointing at the new copy of the repositories local to your network.

--
Steve Gordon, RHCE
Sr. Technical Product Manager,