[openstack-community] [upstream] call for actions to attendants, teachers and and mentors

Sylvain Bauza sbauza at redhat.com
Thu May 7 08:55:05 UTC 2015

Le 07/05/2015 02:32, Takashi Torii a écrit :
> Hi Stefano,
>
>> What sort of 'flavor' would be needed? 4 processors and 8GB minimum?
> We used standard.medium of HP Cloud (http://www.hpcloud.com/pricing#Compute)
> that include 2 virtual cores and 4GB RAM.

4GB RAM is not enough IMHO unless you modify the default localrc by
removing some projects.
The main problem is that we can't just ask them to remove some projects
since they even don't know which project they want to work on. Take for
example Heat, what if we ask them to remove Heat if they want to work on it?

I'm much in favor of 8GB RAM as it allows to be more flexible (I still
remember a student having taken like 2 hours to run devstack just
because he was struggling with 4GB).

On the other point, 2VCPUs is fine by me, 4 nice to have.

-Sylvain