[openstack-community] OpenStack User Group Portal ready for more users

Sylvain Bauza sbauza at redhat.com
Thu Feb 26 09:41:14 UTC 2015

Le 26/02/2015 03:53, Dave Neary a écrit :
> Very cool and useful, thank you Stefano!
>
> I have a question about regional groups - it seems like US city meet-ups
> are counted as separate user groups, but in other places like France or
> the German speaking countries, the regional groups get included in the
> national organization.
>
> I added Rhône-Alpes to the wiki page as a separate group (as we had our
> own meet-ups, scheduling, organisers) but (and, I'm behind the times so
> this may be a conscious decision of the organizers) it's been rolled
> back into OpenStack France.
>
> Should each independent meet-up/user group have its own entry, or is
> this a conscious decision to encourage regions in countries like France
> to collaborate at a national level? In which case, that begs the
> question, what makes the US different?

Thanks Dave for raising up this question.
Just to be clear, the OpenStack France meetup is now actually the
OpenStack *Paris* meetup but the URL is still the same unfortunately.
The OpenStack FR association is trying to provide support for all the
french-speaking meetups, so the Rhone-Alpes meetup is kinda partnering
with OpenStack FR like it does for the OpenStack Paris meetup too.

So, related to the group.o.o website, I think we need to point each
regional meetup (because that's what the geographic portal is providing).

How can I get credentials for fixing this ?