[openstack-community] OpenStack Day Indonesia

Co, Dean Marc dmc at dungeoninnovations.com
Tue Feb 10 08:23:54 UTC 2015

Greetings.

COOL!

Progress.

If you need any help, do not hesitate to reach out. If needed, since
HK/SG/PH is close by, can probably have some in our team/myself swing by to
do a talk or just help with basic logistics and ad-hoc chats.

First things first.

   - We must identify some *rudimentary assumptions on objectives and
   target audience*. It does not have to be correct immediately but you
   must have something to start with and use the lead time to adjust up to
   cut-off date.
   - I am sure HP, *your sponsor*, will have its take on how some key
   content and message will be delivered. *Get their insights on this*.
   Count yourself lucky on this. Some vendors in some places will not support
   unless it is "their" thing and gig. Good to hear openness in this regard
   again.
   - Since this is the first run, do you have an idea of OpenStack (vanilla
   or as packaged by vendors?) *awareness and usage* (type? depth? practice
   maturity?) in you country/city/industry sectors?
   - I notice, not just in OpenStack but also in other communities with
   highly innovative and relatively unknown products/solutions/platforms, that
   if you jump right in with advanced technical things or overly complex use
   cases, people lose interest. Do not forget, OpenStack operates with some
   stiff competition in the public and private cloud space. You will want the
   best possible effort in separating your group's message from the crowd
   chatter. *For the first run*, *nothing wrong with sticking with the
   basics and mapping them to some easily digested use cases*. In my first
   run, more than 15+ people "confirmed" attendance and only 2 people came.
   Good thing we did not go for pre-paid and pre-booked hotels. We just
   enjoyed some good talks on Python, OpenSource and OpenStack progress, use
   cases around the globe, industry in general, getting started, and common
   pitfalls.
   - If things do not turn out as planned, do not despair. :) You'll do
   better next time.

*Thank you and good day, Dean Marc.*
Director - Engineering | Design | Innovations

*HK - Dungeon Innovations Pvt. Ltd.*
Bonham Trade Centre, 50 Bonham Strand, Sheung Wan
+852 81 913 409

*PH - Dungeon Innovations*
49 Annapolis Street, Greenhills, San Juan City, 1500
+63 920 2928888 | +63 2 7440320

http://www.twitter.com/deanmarc