[openstack-community] Heat create failed, Bad network format: missing 'uuid' (HTTP 400)

khayam.gondal at gmail.com khayam.gondal at gmail.com
Wed Sep 3 05:04:52 UTC 2014

I am using following template to create a Heat Stack.

heat_template_version: 2013-05-23

    parameters:
      ImageID:
        type: string
      NetID:
        type: string

    resources:
      server_0:
        type: OS::Nova::Server
        properties:
          name: "server0"
          image: { get_param: ImageID }
          flavor: "m1.small"
          networks:
          - network: { get_param: NetID }

    outputs:
      server0_ip:
        value: { get_attr: [ server_0, first_address ] }
When I create stack. It shows create failed status. BadRequest: Bad network format: missing 'uuid' (HTTP 400) (Request-ID: req-c8360423-e597-495e-9b36-0158177ccd1a). I also attached the snapshot of error.

P.S : I checked and double checked the Network ID and Image ID but error remains. heat logs shows same error heat.engine.resource BadRequest: Bad network format: missing 'uuid' (HTTP 400).

I had also asked at ask.openstack.org but still have no answers.