[openstack-community] OpenStack Day Question

Marton Kiss marton.kiss at gmail.com
Fri Oct 3 05:26:13 UTC 2014

Frans, what you think about focusing regional, Vietnam, Singapore is not so
far away? Join your forces and try to target them also. Let's try to raise
the number of reachable visitors, as Japan did a one-day event with 1100
attendees, I guess 3-400 is a nice number for first time. You need to make
channels to startups / government / enterprise / universities. And I
suggest to start cross-promote the user group for example, in python, php,
other cloud areas.

Regarding the format, first time we did a single main track for the first
part of the event, and separated that into two parallel afternoon tracks.
For the second one we added a so called "workshop" room as an experiment,
and asked people to feel free to bring their notebooks, and join into
practical sessions. It is very important to bring in interesting topics and
key speakers, well-known in ecosystem.

You can find of picture galleries of our events here:

OpenStack CEE Day 2014
https://plus.google.com/photos/+KalmanSzabo/albums/6020732736561543537?authkey=CL2dlfPdy_PunwE

OpenStack CEE Day 2013
https://www.flickr.com/photos/openstackhungary/sets/72157634182143722/