[openstack-community] OpenStack Summit proposal voting - not a fan

Marcelo Dieder marcelodieder at gmail.com
Sun Mar 9 03:40:32 UTC 2014

Sorry for the late reply. There is an interesting model (Swiss-system
tournament (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Swiss-system_tournament)) to be
used in the selection of presentations without that the voter can be
influenced by the proximity with a person, or with some subject of
interest or the amount of votes.

This model consists in distributing some cards for each participant in a
Summit or a past Summit. When the vote occurs, the system automatically
selects two proposals for presentations to be voted (duel between the
two presentations). The person who is voting can choose one of them, or
vote neutral.

In a ranking order is created with the proposals that have won more.
This ensures that all proposals have the same number of evaluations
while also ensuring that each person can not choose which presentation
you want to vote.

Cheers,
Marcelo