[openstack-community] "official" user group process

Tom Fifield tom at openstack.org
Thu Jul 17 18:41:23 UTC 2014

Hi all,

As Stefano mentioned, we will soon be launching the new user group
portal to make it easier to find group information and events.

Rather than having a long list on the wiki, we will now have individual
pages for the user groups - searchable through a map.

To raise the visibility of active and established groups, we'd like to
give them some kind of "official" status and potentially a special logo.

Stef, the ambassadors and myself have written up a quick draft on a
process that we might follow to manage the way user groups become
"Official".

You can find it on the etherpad at:

https://etherpad.openstack.org/p/OfficialUserGroupProcess

please let us know what you think.